Graduate competencies identify the individual behaviors expected of a graduate upon completion of this program. These competencies are:
- To demonstrate safe practice of basic skills and knowledge required of an entry level practical nurse in a variety of health care settings.
- To exhibit a caring attitude in the delivery of quality holistic care and patient teaching throughout the life span. To utilize the principles of the nursing process along with the current research for evidence-based practice in the delivery of care.
- To be accountable for one's own actions within a legal and ethical framework.
- To demonstrate effective communication and critical thinking skills as a collaborative member of the health care team.
- To recognize and accept the responsibilities of the practical nurse in health promotion, restoration, maintenance, and illness prevention for individuals, families, and cultural groups in the community.