Certified Nurse Assistant
Do you enjoy caring for people? Are you considering a career in healthcare? The Certified Nurse Assistant program is the place to begin.
Students will be prepared to provide basic health care for patients. This is an nine-week entry level program requiring 90 hours of classroom instruction and 110 hours of hands-on practice in the clinical setting. All clinical experience takes place in a long-term care facility.
This program will help you:
- Develop good personal habits
- Recognize the nurse assistant's role as it fits into the organizational structure of a long term care facility
- Organize and administer nursing care to residents based on a plan of care and/or direction from charge personnel
- Demonstrate knowledge of patients' rights in assisting residents with the activities of daily living
- Demonstrate ability to assist the handicapped residents to return to their best health potential
Nature of work:
The CNA works under the supervision of an LPN or RN to perform basic health care for patients. The CNA is a foundational member of the patient care team. All types of health care facilities employ nurse assistants so work schedules will vary and good physical health is important.
Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center offers two options for adult CNA training: Day program and an Evening Program.
- Day program meets Monday through Thursday from 8am - 3pm for nine weeks. New classes begin in August, October, January and May each year.
- Evening program meets two nights per week for 17 weeks. A new evening class begins in August normally every other year (or as requests demand).
For specific meeting date & time along with estimated tuition and fees, please see the latest CTC Program Catalog.
To Apply for the CNA program, individuals must:
- Be 18 years old
- Obtain a score of 4 on the WorkKeys assessments: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, & Locating information
- Complete an enrollment application
- Provide immunization documentation
- Provide health physical
- Submit to background check
Contact the CTC for a complete application packet
COST OF COURSE